Things have been all over the place for me lately with emotions - and I haven't even started stims yet! We started lupron injections a few nights ago and they have been going pretty well so far. Husband has been a rock star prepping everything and giving them to me. I plan to do a post on his awesomeness later.
In my reading of IVF blogs, one common theme seems to be the constant shift in feelings. One day you are overcome with peace and confidence - you know this is going to work, this is finally your time! The next day you hit the wall of worry and anxiety. What if it doesn't work? How will you go on? What will you do next? Commence tons of Google searches that don't help with any of the worry.
Following that you hit the wall of utter despair. This will never work, it's not going to work, I can just feel it. Why am I wasting my money and time on this? Cue tears and gnashing of teeth. Then start all over again.
As I roll through this wave of emotions, I am trying to keep focused on God. I don't know what His plan is for this cycle, and there is no amount of ANYTHING I can do to find out before it's time. All I can do is pray and put everything in His hands and the capable care of my medical team. Praying, praying, praying every day that this IVF cycle will bring us the joy of a baby or babies! Our hearts have been hurting for so long.
Hey I often talk about the baby as if its already happened. I think that most of us do and don't want to admit to it. Those emotions you are going through I do too. I'm scared that it won't work then the next minute or day I'm thinking that its in the bag.
ReplyDeleteThose ups and downs really are normal, that Lupron is some crazy stuff! :) But enjoy every minute of it you can... you're exactly right, this is the closest we've ever been to our dreams and it only seems right to enjoy it! Best wishes, I'm hoping right along with you!!
ReplyDeleteKeep positive! I'm excited for you as well. And it is totally normal to have ups and downs on a journey like this. Keep us posted!
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with this whole post. I have been going through the same thing all week - excitement, worry, happiness, angst.
ReplyDeleteYou have to let yourself feel the excitement - these positive feelings are good for your body and good for your heart. It will make a very big difference to your cycle, if you simply let yourself feel this excitement.
I am praying for you too.