Friday, January 28, 2011

In Pursuit of Oranges

So, why the weird title for my blog? As I mentioned earlier, we speak in code names often. This is because we have kept our struggle very, very private. The only people who know anything at all are my parents and sister, and even they don't have a full understanding of how I feel about it or how long we have been trying. Nobody at work has even a clue, and because we often talk about it while I am at work, we came up with some code names. (And also because we're just cool like that, and code names are fun!) 

My sweet husband has been excited for me to tell this story, and was trying to remember last night how our nickname started. He claims that it came from ovulation. Ovulation = oranges. He would ask each month when I was supposed to be ovulating, and use the word oranges instead. Now, I'm not sure this is entirely true, but as it's been so long I'll go with it. 

From there, it evolved into taking on the meaning for anything related to trying to conceive. Pregnancy = oranges, babies = oranges, doing the deed = oranges. Our conversations often sound like this, "If we have oranges by such and such date, will we still go on vacation/go to so and so's wedding/spend a lot of money on something?" Or you might hear us say, "It's time to make some oranges tonight!" Or perhaps even, "I am so very sad today. I pray each day for oranges, and I am ready to have an orange of my own!"

So there you have it. We are in pursuit of oranges. We pray for them nightly, we have cried many tears for them, our hearts ache for them, our arms are open and waiting for them. The Bible verse on top of the image is the verse I am claiming for this trial in our lives right now. I came across it the other day when I was feeling very broken and turning to God, and I remember reading it over and over again as it filled my heart with peace and hope. That is what I want to do. Delight myself in the Lord every hour of every day, and wait patiently and faithfully for my little orange blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment